Find out all there is to see and do in Manchester, NH
When you’re looking for a professional training school, you have a lot of choices to make. You want a strong program, of course, one that suits your interests and career goals. But you also want a location where you will be happy as a student—which means a location that’s convenient but also has a range of fun activities in the area.
The Salter School of Nursing and Allied Health offers students a great lifestyle at its Manchester, NH campus. The city has the advantages of both a busy metropolitan area and a scenic setting.
Did you know? Manchester is:
- the largest city in New Hampshire.
- often ranked as one of the most affordable and livable cities in the country.
- known for its history as a thriving manufacturing center in the 1800s.
- home to the tallest skyline in New England north of Boston and Cambridge, MA.
- home to comedians Sarah Silverman and Seth Myers.
There’s so much to discover about Manchester and its surrounding area. Here are some highlights:
A strong cultural scene
- The Currier Museum of Art features European and American paintings, photographs, and sculptures. See works by famous artists like Picasso, Monet, and O’Keeffe.
- Interested in architecture? Then you won’t want to miss the Zimmerman House, which is a National Landmark and Historical Building. Designed by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright, it is filled with original furnishings and a fine art collection.
Take in some sights
- You can look out over the scenic Merrimack River from the lovely Amoskeag Falls. If you’re interested in river wildlife, The Amoskeag Fishways Learning and Visitors Center is a great option.
- Is archeology more your thing? You might not know there’s an ancient archaeological site only half an hour away from the city. America’s Stonehenge is 30 acres of land featuring a number of mysterious and fascinating stone structures.
A vibrant downtown
Quench your appetites
Manchester offers a nice array of restaurants, whether you like Mediterranean-style tapas or Italian. There are plenty of good options for cocktails, and just outside the city is a winery. Within a 20 minute drive is the Anheuser-Busch Brewery—home of the legendary Budweiser Clydesdales.
For these reasons, and so many more, the Salter School of Nursing and Allied Health is proud our students can call Manchester home. With our three career-training programs, we want to contribute to the city’s continued growth and success by preparing our students for meaningful careers.
If you’re considering a new career, come and visit our Manchester campus and take a tour. A Salter Nursing education might be just the right choice for you.
Photo of Manchester Millyard and the Merrimack from PSNH