Nurses are skilled professionals who work hard to serve their patients
The Salter School of Nursing and Allied Health is proud to be training the practical nurses, patient care technicians, and nursing assistants of tomorrow. From day one in nursing school, we show our appreciation for the work that nurses do throughout their careers.
Nurses have to juggle a lot of responsibilities. They have to master the clinical skills to treat patients’ health concerns. They have to be organized and efficient so that they can attend to all of their duties each day. They have to be proactive communicators who can work as a member of a healthcare team that includes doctors, nurses, and other health professionals. They have to be ready to respond to unexpected developments and patient emergencies. And most importantly, they have to show respect and compassion for their patients at all times.
Needless to say, it takes a special person to be a nurse! Here are our top 10 reasons for why you should show appreciation for all the nurses and nursing assistants you know!
- Nurses are there for you and your family members when you are your most vulnerable
- Nurses care about your medical and emotional needs
- Nurses have great bedside manner
- Nurses stay calm under pressure
- Nurses can save lives
- Nurses have worked hard to get their nursing education and know a lot about medical care
- Nurses handle a lot of patient matters that would make most people squeamish
- Nurses are responsible for many patients every day, yet still manage to treat each person with respect
- Nurses work long shifts and are on their feet all the time
- Nurses tend to be unsung heroes, so a little extra appreciation is in order!
Nurses and nursing assistants play a critical role in the healthcare industry, and they can serve as an important link between patients and physicians. While nursing can be a demanding career, it can also be a very rewarding one. It is a career in which you truly know you are helping other people every single day, and this can be a gratifying feeling.
If you are interested in learning more about the nursing programs offered at the Salter School of Nursing, don’t hesitate to contact us. We offer programs for Licensed Nursing Assistants, Practical Nurses, and Patient Care Technicians. Check us out, and see if Salter Nursing is the school for you.