Take time out of your busy schedule to enjoy all that summer offers
Summer is a special time of year. Back when we were kids, it was a time when school was out, ice cream stands were open, and the days felt endless. If you were lucky, you had a place to swim, a neighborhood to explore, and friends to play with. Who wouldn’t enjoy a time like that?
Flash forward to being an adult, and you may not be getting as much enjoyment out of summer any more. Are you just as busy as ever? Hiding in the air conditioning? Rushing around from one commitment to another? If so, then maybe it’s time to take a page from the kids in your neighborhood and find a little time for enjoyment. Here are some great ideas for putting a little fun back into your summer.
- Find a shady wooded trail and take a hike
- Brew a cup of coffee and wake up for the sunrise
- Text a friend from your childhood who you lost touch with
- Go to a free outdoor concert
- Find a waterfront and have a picnic
- Cut a large watermelon wedge all for yourself
- Go to a movie on a hot day
- Wait for the evening and catch fireflies
- Give yourself a technology-free day
- Try an unusual flavor of ice cream
- Experiment with a new kind of exercise each week
- Buy lemonade from a kid’s lemonade stand
- Check out the fireworks in your area
- Wear flip flops
- Invite new and old friends for a barbecue
- Make s’mores
- Read a book just for fun
- Find a farm where you can pick blueberries
- Get out your camera and watch a good sunset
- Take an afternoon nap in a hammock
If you make it through this list, you may be lucky enough to have a rejuvenating summer that reminds of the carefree days of childhood. Be sure to get started before those long summer days and nights are over!
The Salter School of Nursing and Allied Health in Manchester, NH offers fun advice, tips, and lifestyle articles in its weekly blog for students. Find out more about us online!