Being part of a nursing team is a career that should make you proud
The Salter School of Nursing and Allied Health salutes all nursing professionals who pour their hearts into their work. At our nursing school, we train our students to become nursing assistants, patient care technicians, and practical nurses. And we know that being part of a nursing team is important work. You are making a huge difference in the lives of your patients.
We also know that the lives of nursing professionals can by busy! On a particularly busy shift, you may sometimes feel that you don’t get the recognition you deserve. But we are here to say that nurses are everyday heroes! Here are some of the reasons why we know this to be true!
- Nurses are helpful, selfless people--even when they’re off duty
- Nurses deal with things that would make most mortals queasy
- Nurses can stay on their feet for 12-hour shifts and longer
- Nurses know how to calm you down and alleviate your worries
- Nurses know what their patients need before anyone else
- Nurses on the night shift stay up all night long to help patients
- Nurses are compassionate and empathetic
- Nurses are calm in emergencies
- Nurses not only help patients feel better, but they often make families feel better too
- Nurses jobs are unpredictable every day, but they keep on keepin’ on!
If you want to learn more about becoming a nursing professional, now is a good time to explore this career field. Whether you start out as a nursing assistant, or want to get additional training to become a practical nurse, or want to get even more training to become an RN, you will be part of a field that truly makes a difference in the world.
Why do people choose to be nurses? Everyone has their own reasons, but here are some of the things that nurses find to be rewarding about their jobs:
- You make a difference in the lives of others
- You learn something new on the job every day
- You can have some flexibility in your schedule
- You can explore many different specialties to work in
- You get to meet a lot of interesting people
- You will keep busy every day and won’t get bored
- You have opportunities to get more training and advance in your field
- You get to work in the respected field of healthcare
The Salter School of Nursing and Allied Health in Manchester, NH invites you to learn more about nursing professions by exploring the nursing training programs that we offer. Contact us at any time, and we will be happy to tell you more. We hope your nursing career begins with us!